Today I made some meat patties. They’re very simple, just like the cheese ones, but they need more preparation because everything has to be cold before you bake them.
– 1 bag of BOCA Soy Crumbles (Morning Star is NOT vegan)
– Empanada dough (already made)
– 1 can of tomato and garlic medley
– Olive oil
– 1/2 cup of mushrooms
1. Cook the soy crumbles in a little bit of olive with the tomato and garlic and seasoning. Cook until it looks cooked.
2. Put the soy crumbles in a container and put in fridge to cool for a couple of hours. If the meat is hot then the dough will melt and it will not stick. The soy crumble mix has to be cold.
3. Grease some aluminum foil on top of a baking pan
4. With a spoon, place some of the “meat” on the empanada dough **Side note: If you want to add some Daiya cheese for an extra flavor you can! It tastes really good!**
5. Close it and with a fork indent the edges of the empanada
6. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
If you have some left over “meat”, you can eat it with some pita chips and hummus. You wouldn’t think the combination would taste good but it works wonderfully!!