– 1 1/2 c of all purpose flour
– 1 c white sugar
– 1/4 c of cocoa powder
– 1tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/3 c coconut oil
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
– 1/2 c water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9×5 inch cake pan.
2. Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth.
3. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
– 2 c powdered sugar
– 1/4 c (½ stick) dairy-free margarine, softened
– 1/2 c vanilla coconut milk
– 3/4 c unsweetened pure cocoa powder
– 1/2 tsp vanilla
Add everything into a BIG bowl and with an electric hand mixer, mix everything together until smooth.
I refrigerated the frosting after I made it for consistency and to give the brownie time to cool.
Note: I made a big mess. There was powdered sugar flying everywhere, which is why I added more coconut milk than the recipe says. You just have to mix in the midst of the mess and it will turn out well.
Once the cake has cooled. Add the frosting and enjoy!
SO GOOD! Enjoy!