Today I made vegan pancakes!
I followed the recipe in the back of the pancake mix…but I added a twist!
1c of Pancake mix
1 tbs of flaxseed meal (It’ll be your egg replacement)
3/4c of coconut milk
1tbs of coconut oil
3 tbs of water
This will yield about 3-4 thin pancakes or 2 real thick ones
Start by mixing the flaxseed meal and the water – Let it sit for 2 minutes
While that’s sitting, mix everything else and then add the flaxseed
Beat it manually with a fork until it’s the right consistency
Put it on a pan at medium heat and let it cook, flipping it in order to cook both sides
Add syrup and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This is not going to taste like IHOP’s pancakes, be realistic! They will taste delicious though and how long has it been since you had chocolate chip pancakes anyway?
Chocolate Chip Pancake – Add 1/2 tbs of cocoa powder and a handful of chocolate chips.
Blueberry Pancake – Add a handful of blueberries.
– 1 1/2 c of all purpose flour
– 1 c white sugar
– 1/4 c of cocoa powder
– 1tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/3 c coconut oil
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
– 1/2 c water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9×5 inch cake pan.
2. Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth.
3. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
– 2 c powdered sugar
– 1/4 c (½ stick) dairy-free margarine, softened
– 1/2 c vanilla coconut milk
– 3/4 c unsweetened pure cocoa powder
– 1/2 tsp vanilla
Add everything into a BIG bowl and with an electric hand mixer, mix everything together until smooth.
I refrigerated the frosting after I made it for consistency and to give the brownie time to cool.
Note: I made a big mess. There was powdered sugar flying everywhere, which is why I added more coconut milk than the recipe says. You just have to mix in the midst of the mess and it will turn out well.
Once the cake has cooled. Add the frosting and enjoy!
SO GOOD! Enjoy!