I love apple pie but all the store bought ones have dairy. Forget them! This apple pie will make you wonder why we would ever need to put dairy on anything ever again!
What you’ll need:
– 6 cored, peeled, and thinly sliced/chopped apples (I use red apples because I like it sweet but you can use green apples for a more tart taste or a you can use a combination)
– 1 tbs of powder cinnamon
– 1 tbs of vanilla extract
– 1 cup of Splenda
– 1/3 cup of brown sugar
– 1/2 tbs of nutmeg
– 1/2 cup of apple pie crisp (optional)
– 1 tbs vegan butter (optional) – you can find this at your local grocery store
– 1 ready made pie crust (check the ingredients but they’re usually vegan!)
**Preheat oven to 350 degrees**
1. Core, peel, and thinly slice/chop the apples and put them in a bowl.
2. On a separate bowl mix in the splenda, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and vegan butter. Mix it well so that everything is combined.
3. Add apples to the mix and stir well so that everything is covered in the sugar mix. Don’t skip out on this step! Make sure your apple slices are all covered in the sugar mix!
4. Add the apples to the pie crust.
5. If you decided to go for the apple crusts, add that to the top of the apples.
6. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Let it cool down and ENJOY!!!
Please let me know how it went! I want to hear from you!!