Today I made vegan pancakes!
I followed the recipe in the back of the pancake mix…but I added a twist!
1c of Pancake mix
1 tbs of flaxseed meal (It’ll be your egg replacement)
3/4c of coconut milk
1tbs of coconut oil
3 tbs of water
This will yield about 3-4 thin pancakes or 2 real thick ones
Start by mixing the flaxseed meal and the water – Let it sit for 2 minutes
While that’s sitting, mix everything else and then add the flaxseed
Beat it manually with a fork until it’s the right consistency
Put it on a pan at medium heat and let it cook, flipping it in order to cook both sides
Add syrup and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This is not going to taste like IHOP’s pancakes, be realistic! They will taste delicious though and how long has it been since you had chocolate chip pancakes anyway?
Chocolate Chip Pancake – Add 1/2 tbs of cocoa powder and a handful of chocolate chips.
Blueberry Pancake – Add a handful of blueberries.
I tried LightLife Gimmy Lean Ground Beef Style Sausage and I must say I am impressed. I haven’t tasted animal sausage in about six years but this really reminds me of the taste. It comes mushed together so you have to build the size of the patty but it’s very easy. Then you pan fry it for a few minutes with some olive oil, and voila! You’ve got sausages!
I have to say it’s very yummy!
That means it has no wheat and it’s all protein!
I love these products! You can find them in the freezer isle with the breakfast foods.
Info from: http://www.foodforlife.com/about_us/ezekiel-49
- Source of Complete Protein – Rated 84.3% as efficient as the highest source of protein (comparable to that of milk or eggs)
- Contains 18 Amino Acids – Including all 9 essential amino acids
- Increased Digestibility – Sprouting breaks down starches in grains into simple sugars so your body can digest them easily.
- Increased Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors, so your body can more easily absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
- Increased Vitamin C – Sprouting produces vitamin C.
- Increased Vitamin B – Sprouting increases the vitamin B2, B5 & B6.
- Great source of Fiber – Combining sprouted grains and legumes gives a good amount of natural fiber in each serving.
I keep the bag in the fridge and toast the loaf of bread I want to eat it. I put vegan butter, peanut butter and jelly, or almond butter on it like a regular piece of bread.
I also enjoy their golden flax cereal. I eat it with some bananas and blueberries in vanilla coconut milk. I really enjoy that!
Well as the title said it, I had a half avocado, some sliced strawberries, and one slice of toast with vegan butter and some jelly.
Simple, delicious, and nutritious.
This very quick protein packed breakfast is very yummy (to me) and it’s very easy to make!
You just add some jam to the toast and then you put some slices of avocado on top.