The original recipe was taken from the site: http://hellyeahitsvegan.com/chocolate-chip-cookies/
I love that site! They have awesome vegan recipes and they’re all very easy to make. Even though I started with the original recipe, I have added a few ingredients of my own. This is my edited recipe.
The batch you see in the pictures is half this recipe.
Preheat to 350 degrees.
For the full batch – about 6-10 cookies, you’ll need:
– 1 c brown sugar (I use light brown but you can also dark)
– ¼ c Agave Grade A Dark Amber Maple Syrup
– ½ c of coconut oil or grape seed oil
– ¼ c sweetened or unsweetened applesauce (I have found it makes no difference)
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 2 c of whole wheat or all purpose flour (whatever your preference)
– ½ tsp baking soda or baking powder (either will work)
– ½ tsp salt
– dash nutmeg
– Chocolate chips – I bought vegan chocolate chip cookies at my neighbor whole foods.
– Butter flavor pan greaser (It’s actually vegan)
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, syrup, and oil. Beat together. It will become kind of grainy and that’s OK.
- Beat in vanilla and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- Add dry mixture to wet; mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form into 1″ balls (or whatever size you prefer) and bake on greased sheets at 350 degrees for 6-10 minutes.
It took me many tries to get them right, so don’t be discouraged. It helps to flatten the dough when you’re placing it on the baking sheet for a thinner cookie. Don’t fret! Let me know if you need advice!!!