I tried LightLife Gimmy Lean Ground Beef Style Sausage and I must say I am impressed. I haven’t tasted animal sausage in about six years but this really reminds me of the taste. It comes mushed together so you have to build the size of the patty but it’s very easy. Then you pan fry it for a few minutes with some olive oil, and voila! You’ve got sausages!
I have to say it’s very yummy!
Today I made some meat patties. They’re very simple, just like the cheese ones, but they need more preparation because everything has to be cold before you bake them.
– 1 bag of BOCA Soy Crumbles (Morning Star is NOT vegan)
– Empanada dough (already made)
– 1 can of tomato and garlic medley
– Olive oil
– 1/2 cup of mushrooms
1. Cook the soy crumbles in a little bit of olive with the tomato and garlic and seasoning. Cook until it looks cooked.
2. Put the soy crumbles in a container and put in fridge to cool for a couple of hours. If the meat is hot then the dough will melt and it will not stick. The soy crumble mix has to be cold.
3. Grease some aluminum foil on top of a baking pan
4. With a spoon, place some of the “meat” on the empanada dough **Side note: If you want to add some Daiya cheese for an extra flavor you can! It tastes really good!**
5. Close it and with a fork indent the edges of the empanada
6. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
If you have some left over “meat”, you can eat it with some pita chips and hummus. You wouldn’t think the combination would taste good but it works wonderfully!!
I had this for lunch a few days ago.
I started with some greens, tomatoes, daiya cheese, and ginger dressing for the salad. I added some hummus and chips on the side for a different taste.
I then cooked some veggie meat with olive oil. This is a gardein burger chopped up in mini pieces. Gardein is my favorite type of veggie meat. It cooks great, the texture is also very good and the taste is better than most. I didn’t add any extra spices to the veggie meat because it already comes seasoned and it’s very good. You can always be sure you’ll enjoy gardein products.
gardein logo (Photo credit: Wikipedia)